All graduates of Starr programs can apply for a Starr scholarship to help with the cost of further or higher education, and this year’s deadline for students applying to four-year colleges is June 1st, 2016.
Scholarships can be awarded for a wide range of programs, including vocational schools, two-year schools, and four-year colleges. In the past, scholarships have been awarded to former Starr students for:
- The police academy
- Obtaining a GED
- Cosmetology school
- Four-year colleges
- Professional Development courses
- And many more!
Last year, Starr awarded over $200,000 in scholarships to young people attending programs across the country.
The guidelines for applicants are as follows:
- Complete the Scholarship application form with information about the school and program you have chosen to attend (2 or 4 year institutions, or trade school), your current financial situation and your plan for education.
- Be sure to include:
- Proof of program acceptance and/or previous grade report
- Financial aid award letter from your academic institution and current FAFSA
- Personal essay – as stated on the application.
- Recommendation from Starr staff is encouraged but not required.
- June 1: 4-year colleges
- August 1: 2-year colleges and vocational programs
More information on the scholarship program is available on our website at www.starr.org/scholarships.