Starr is transforming classroom experiences across the nation. Thousands of educators are using Starr’s knowledge and techniques to unleash the potential of their students.
With a gift of support, you can help create learning environments where the educational, social, and emotional needs of children are met.
Did You Know?
Half of all children in the US are reported to have experienced one or more types of serious trauma – that is nearly 35 million kids with emotional challenges that could hold them back in school.
Your Gift Will:
- provide vital tools and resources to more schools through Starr’s National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children (TLC), a leading light in the effort to ensure that professionals who work with children can identify and treat the effects of trauma.
- help more young people successfully build on their strengths and develop resilience through Starr’s Reclaiming Youth International program, which promotes positive youth development in schools and other youth-serving organizations across the world.
Want to Make a Difference?
- $120.00 can buy a TLC program manual for a professional who works with kids.
- $400.00 can pay for a professional to attend the TLC Summer Conference as part of their training in trauma-informed care.
- $1,800.00 can pay for a professional to become a TLC Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner (ACTP) – enabling them to support hundreds of children affected by trauma.
- $2,500.00 can pay for a full day of training for more than 30 professionals in trauma interventions and strength-based approaches to working with children.
To make a difference in the lives of children, visit www.starr.org/donate.